In collaboration with the European Spine Journal, eccElearning has created the world's first comprehensive online postgraduate Spine Surgery Education Programme.
As a Resident...
You have a broad range of study. Get a head start on specialising in Spine.
The eccElearning diploma provides a distinct advantage to the late-stage Resident and spine Fellow. The comprehensive programme covers all of the specialist academic knowledge - fully supported by the evidence base - required to complement your surgical training. Surgeons successfully completing this course will be well-educated and well-positioned for a future as a Spine Surgeon.
As a Fellow...
A huge body of knowledge to master means huge time pressure. Save time by studying online.
eccElearning provides students with a convenient and time-efficient means to gain a qualification in Spine Surgery faster than ever before. With its online format, the absence of extensive travel requirements, and the convenience of independent study means committed students can gain our qualification at their own pace, and in as little as a year.
The eccElearning Spine Surgery Education Programme has four elements:
A comprehensive online programme of 180+ Lectures in 9 Modules.
Eight live face-to-face events led by experts where knowledge learned online is applied to real cases.
16 broadcast-quality, Structured Anatomy and Surgical Access videos, demonstrated in cadaver..
Surgical Skills Test
The final examination, where spine surgery is conducted under the observation of experienced surgeons.
The 11 Module Editors and 140 faculty who have contributed to the programme are internationally renowned surgeon educators in their respective fields.
From former editors of the European Spine Journal to radiologists and scientists, our faculty has collectively trained thousands of Spine Surgeons. They include:
Prof Max Aebi
Editor, Module 6: Trauma & Fractures
- Co-Founder, Executive Chairman and Editor-in-Chief of eccElearning
- Founder and former Chief of the first Swiss University Spine Unit
- Co-Founder of the European Spine Journal, and Editor-In-Chief for 23 years
- Co-founder and past Chair of AOSpine
- Former President of Eurospine
- Author of more than 400 publications and book chapters
Prof Norbert Boos
Editor, Module 1: Basic Science
- Head of Spinal Surgery at the Orthopaedic University Hospital Balgrist, in Zurich since 1997
- Published over 100 articles and book chapters
- Founding member of AO Spine
- Deputy Editor of the European Spine Journal
- Board member of Eurospine
Prof Claudio Lamartina
Editor, Module 9: Complications and Revisions
- Chief of the Department of Spine Surgery I.R.C.C.S. Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi in Milan, Italy since 2000
- Performs more than 300 spine operations every year
- Published over 90 papers
Dr Pedro Berjano
Editor, Module 3: Degenerative Disorders of the Thoracolumbar Spine
- Clinical Director at G-Spine in the I.R.C.C.S. Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi.
- With Claudio Lamartina, published new classification systems for sagittal imbalance and adult scoliosis, and new techniques for spinal deformity surgery
Prof Marco Brayda-Bruno
Editor, Module 5: Paediatric Deformity
- Head of the Spine Surgery and Scoliosis unit at I.R.C.C.S. Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi in Milan since 2000
- Education Committee Member, Spine Society of Europe
- Education Committee Member, Scoliosis Research Society
Prof Richard Assaker
Editor, Module 2: Degenerative Disorders of the Cervical Spine
- Professor of Neurosurgery at CHRU Lille since 2002
- Designer and conceptor of surgical spinal instrumentation – ApoFix, Centaur and Zephir – that have been used in more than 25,000 operations worldwide.
With 180 lectures, 8 Tutorials, 16 anatomy films, and 4200 references, when you successfully complete this course, you will attain a very high standard of Spine Surgery knowledge.
Register and login to the platform for more information about the course, view overview pages for all 180 Lectures, as well as view pricing information and special offers. You can also activate a Demo Lecture - one full Lecture from our Spine Surgery Education Programme. Complete the Demo Lecture successfully to obtain 3 CME Credits.
eccElearning Spine Surgery Courses
Future Business Centre,
Cambridge, CB4 2HY, UK