Module 7: Spinal Tumours
This module deals with primary and secondary (metastases) tumours of the spine and of the spinal canal.
Examination: Once you have completed all Lecture Assessments successfully, contact support to arrange your 1-hour online examination.
Tutorial: Once you have completed your Module Examination, you will be eligible for the Module Tutorial - contact support to book onto the next one available.
About this module
This Module treats most of the rarely seen primary tumours, malignant as well as benign tumours such as osteoid osteoma, eosinophilic granuloma, giant cell tumors, aneurysmal bone cyst, Ewing Sarcoma, chondrosarcoma of the spine, as well as ependymoma and chordoma at the craniocervical junction and in the sacrum.
Different surgical technique issues are looked at for the different locations and neoplastic disease like multiple myeloma are equally presented, as are intradural extramedullary spinal tumours.
A whole section is dedicated to the diagnosis, staging and surgical treatment of metastatic spine disease and its results.
- Understand biology and pathophysiology of neoplastic conditions affecting the spinal column and associated neural structures.
- Enable case based selection of appropriate imaging and laboratory diagnostic work up for patients presenting with primary and secondary neoplastic conditions of the spinal column and associated neural structures
- Formulate evidence based treatment strategies for primary and secondary neoplastic conditions of the spine in accordance with principles of stability, curative or palliative intent and neoplastic aggression.
Module StructureThis Module consists of 19 online lectures, a Module Examination and a face to face Module Tutorial
Specific Target Group
- Spine Fellows* - In Orthopaedic or Neurosurgical services or independent spine services
- Practising spine surgeons - Independent or in Orthopaedic or Neurosurgical services for a potential recertification
- Orthopaedic or Neurosurgical residents - Who want to expand their general knowledge
- Non-surgical spine specialists - Interested in expanding their spine knowledge
|CME Credits:||57 CME credits available|
|Main Subject:||Spinal tumours|
|Duration:||The Module is available for 4 months from attending the first Lecture|
|Tuition Language:||Online content is in English, Tutorials can be presented in English or the local language|
|Fees:||Fees advised when enrolment opens|
Prerequisites:Enrolment on the Post-graduate Spine Surgery Education Programme
Mode of Examination:
Each Lecture has a final, multiple choice question (MCQ) online Examination.
At the completion of all the Module Lectures, a MCQ Module Examination is taken online, during attendance at a Module Tutorial.
Register and login to the platform for more information about the course, view overview pages for all 180 Lectures, as well as view pricing information and special offers. You can also activate a Demo Lecture - one full Lecture from our Spine Surgery Education Programme. Complete the Demo Lecture successfully to obtain 3 CME Credits.
For more information about eccElearning, the courses we offer and the service we provide, please view our FAQs page.
eccElearning Spine Surgery Courses
Future Business Centre,
Cambridge, CB4 2HY, UK