Module 2: Degenerative Disorders of the Cervical Spine
About this module
This Module covers the degenerative disorders of the cervical spine.
It is structured by reference to the anatomy, biomechanics and kinematics of the cervical spine. A section deals with the diagnostic evaluation and focuses on the specific imaging, neurophysiological assessment as well as diagnostic injection studies. The different pathologies like axial neck pain, cervical radiculopathy as well as cervical myelopathy are widely discussed in terms of clinical findings, pathophysiology and natural history, as well as the surgical and non-surgical treatment modalities.
- To acquire the knowledge to assess, evaluate and make the diagnosis of degenerative cervical spine disorders
- To learn the decision making for different treatment modalities
- To know the evidence of the different treatment modalities
- To become familiar with the surgical principles and indications in the treatment of cervical spine degenerative disorders
Module StructureThis Module consists of 18 online lectures, a Module Examination and a face to face Module Tutorial
Specific Target Group
- Spine Fellows* - In Orthopaedic or Neurosurgical services or independent spine services
- Practising spine surgeons - Independent or in Orthopaedic or Neurosurgical services for a potential recertification
- Orthopaedic or Neurosurgical residents - Who want to expand their general knowledge
- Non-surgical spine specialists - Interested in expanding their spine knowledge
|CME Credits:||54 CME credits available|
|Main Subject:||Disorders of the cervical spine|
|Duration:||The Module is available for 4 months from attending the first Lecture|
|Tuition Language:||Online content is in English, Tutorials can be presented in English or the local language|
|Fees:||Fees advised when enrolment opens|
Prerequisites:Enrolment on the Post-graduate Spine Surgery Education Programme
Mode of Examination:
Each Lecture has a final, multiple choice question (MCQ) online Examination.
At the completion of all the Module Lectures, a MCQ Module Examination is taken online, during attendance at a Module Tutorial.
Register and login to the platform for more information about the course, view overview pages for all 180 Lectures, as well as view pricing information and special offers. You can also activate a Demo Lecture - one full Lecture from our Spine Surgery Education Programme. Complete the Demo Lecture successfully to obtain 3 CME Credits.
For more information about eccElearning, the courses we offer and the service we provide, please view our FAQs page.