Module 3: Degenerative Disorders of the Thoracolumbar Spine
About this module
This Module covers the degenerative disorders of the thoraco-lumbar spine. It comprehensively addresses the main pathologies like disc herniation of the lumbar as well as the thoracic spine, spinal stenosis, spondylosis and degenerative spondylolisthesis in terms of epidemiology, pathogenesis, and clinical as well as imaging assessment, surgical and non-surgical treatment.
Non-specific low back pain is dealt with extensively. The continuum from degenerative conditions to new onset deformity is looked at specifically and its significance in the context of an ageing society is emphasised.
- To acquire the knowledge to assess, evaluate and diagnose degenerative disorders of the thoracolumbar spine
- To learn the decision making to select different treatment modalities
- To know the evidence for the different treatment modalities
- To understand the surgical principles of, and the indications for the treatment of degenerative disorders of the thoracolumbar spine
Module StructureThis Module consists of 21 online lectures, a Module Examination and a face to face Module Tutorial
Specific Target Group
- Spine Fellows* - In Orthopaedic or Neurosurgical services or independent spine services
- Practising spine surgeons - Independent or in Orthopaedic or Neurosurgical services for a potential recertification
- Orthopaedic or Neurosurgical residents - Who want to expand their general knowledge
- Non-surgical spine specialists - Interested in expanding their spine knowledge
|CME Credits:||63 CME credits available|
|Main Subject:||Disorders of the Thoracolumbar Spine|
|Duration:||The Module is available for 4 months from attending the first Lecture|
|Tuition Language:||Online content is in English, Tutorials can be presented in English or the local language|
|Fees:||Fees advised when enrolment opens|
Prerequisites:Enrolment on the Post-graduate Spine Surgery Education Programme
Mode of Examination:
Each Lecture has a final, multiple choice question (MCQ) online Examination.
At the completion of all the Module Lectures, a MCQ Module Examination is taken online, during attendance at the Module Tutorial.