Online Postgraduate Spine Surgery Education Programme
ecceLearning is the world’s first comprehensive, blended online postgraduate education programme in a medical sub speciality - spine surgery.
It is designed to meet the demands of today's trainee spine surgeon in terms of educational rigour, quality and innovation, but also in terms of current expectations of convenience, flexibility and cost.
The online programme complements your practical training schedule and is usually completed in 12 - 18 months
About the Programme
The Spine Surgery Education Programme is an online postgraduate education course for aspiring spine surgeons. Theoretical knowledge from the whole field of spine surgery and spine sciences is offered to specialist candidates online as lecture presentations, research paper downloads and assessments. It is complemented by face-to-face Tutorials taught by expert spine surgeons, broadcast quality structured anatomy and surgical access videos. A student passing the course is awarded the European Postgraduate Diploma in Spine Surgery.
The online postgraduate Spine Surgery Education Programme comprises 9 Modules which can be attempted in any order, but candidates are advised to not enrol in more than 2 Modules at the same time. The Modules are offered in determined time intervals. Each Lecture and Module earns a number of CME credits which are related to their respective content.
Each Module has an associated subject Tutorial which candidates attend in person and work in groups together under the guidance of expert spine surgeon educators. Here, candidates apply the knowledge they have gained in their online Module Lectures to multiple real life clinical cases in a standardised format, designed to test and improve their clinical, analytical, evaluation and diagnostic skills in a collegiate and supportive environment.
The following 9 Modules are arranged by clinical subject, and comprise the basic knowledge to be acquired by spine surgery specialist candidates:
To serve the needs of patients with spinal disorders as a competent spine surgeon, qualified by objectively measurable criteria of knowledge and skills.
This is reached by:
- Enabling the candidate to cover the whole field of spine surgery through the guidance of basic knowledge lectures given by experts in the field by means of an “interactive textbook”.
- Enabling the candidate to access pre-selected additional knowledge resources to enhance his/her knowledge and skills in the field of spine surgery beyond the basic knowledge.
- Applying and widening the theoretical knowledge, through interactive face to face tutorials with senior experts.
- Mastering the anatomy relevant to the various surgical accesses used in spine surgery
- Enabling the candidate to analyse and accurately diagnose spinal disorders and propose appropriate and effective treatments
- Enabling the candidate to choose and apply the correct patient outcome tools for appropriate follow up
- Undertaking a Surgical Skills Assessment
- Spine Fellows* - In Orthopaedic or Neurosurgical services or independent spine services
- Practising spine surgeons - Independent or in Orthopaedic or Neurosurgical services for a potential re-certification
- Orthopaedic or Neurosurgical residents - Who want to expand their general knowledge
- Non-surgical spine specialists - Interested in expanding their spine knowledge
*Spine Fellow - An orthopaedic or neurological trainee at the end of their residency who intends to specialise in spine surgery and to practice as a specialist spine surgeon.
|CME Credits:||537 UEMS-EACCME (CME) credits are awarded for the Programme|
|Main Subject:||The diagnosis and management of patients with disorders of the spine|
|Duration:||The Programme is usually completed in 12 - 18 months|
|Tuition language:||Online content is in English, Tutorials can be presented in English or the local language|
|Fees:||The 9 Module Programme can be purchased as a complete Programme or by Module|
Requirements & prerequisites:
Candidates for the postgraduate Spine Surgery Education Programme should be enrolled on, or have completed a residency standard course of training in orthopaedics, neurosurgery or spine surgery. Candidates are expected to commit at least 6 hours per week to the online element of the program for each Module enrolled upon, and to complete the Module, including passing the Module examination, within 3 months. To complete the programme, candidates are also required to attend and pass the face to face Module Tutorials.
Mode of examination:
Each Lecture has an online pre-learning assessment, and it concludes with a final Lecture examination. The final online examination of every Lecture in a given Module must be passed before the Candidate can progress to the relevant Module examination.
Candidates will sit the Module examination in person at the commencement of the relevant Module Tutorial.
Successful completion of all 9 Modules is required to complete the online Programme, achieve certification of the postgraduate Spine Surgery Education Programme and the award of the ecceLearning Diploma in Spine Surgery.
Online Postgraduate Spine Surgery Program Modules
Register with eccElearning
Sign-up and log in to the eccElearning platform. Once logged in, you can:
- Try a complete Lecture for FREE
- Find out more information about the Programme, Examinations, Tutorials, CME Credits and Lectures
- Purchase and enrol onto individual Modules
- Purchase and enrol onto the full Spine Surgery Education Programme
Register for FREE!
Register and login to the platform for more information about the course, view overview pages for all 180 Lectures, as well as view pricing information and special offers. You can also activate a Demo Lecture - one full Lecture from our Spine Surgery Education Programme. Complete the Demo Lecture successfully to obtain 3 CME Credits.
International Editorial Board
For more information about eccElearning, the courses we offer and the service we provide, please view our FAQs page.
For any questions not answered by our FAQs, you can reach us via our contact form.
eccElearning Spine Surgery Courses
eccElearning for Institutions
Future Business Centre,
Cambridge, CB4 2HY, UK